It is election day, and around the country people (who haven’t already) are attempting to cast their ballots. It isn’t only the federal election that demands participation. On a state and local level the battles are just as serious and ferocious. I suppose that is why, though it might be a joke, no one is laughing.
So I thought I would add a little bi-partisan humor to your day; something to make you smile as you waited in line to vote or, anxiously, for the results to be tallied.
You might be a….
- You’ve named your kids, deduction one and deduction two.
- The only union you support is the baseball players, because heck, they’re richer than you are.
- You don’t think “The Simpsons” is all that funny but you watch it because that Flanders fellow makes a lot of sense.
- When people say Marx, you think Groucho.
- You own something that says, “Dukakis for President,” and still display it.
- You’ve never been mugged; you give it away.
- You got teary-eyed during the film, “The American President.”
- Your house smells like a garbage dump because of your commitment to recycling.
The Secret of Success… is sincerity. Once you can fake that you’ve got it made.
All I ask… is the chance to show that money won’t make me happy. (Ashleigh Brilliant)
I wanted to go to… the paranoids anonymous meeting; but they wouldn’t tell me where it was.
(For all you conspiracy theorists out there.)
If all the world is… a stage, then where is the audience sitting?
Everything should be made…as simple as possible, but no simpler.
Why isn’t there a tax… on stuff I don’t like?
Everything is controlled by…a small, evil group to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.
Voting is not a joke… it is a right and a privilege. So GO! Appreciate this gift of democracy.
(This blog is dedicated to my brother, Michael Sprinkle, for getting involved. Good Luck, Michael!)